Monday, December 16, 2013

Full term!

                         


How far along? 37 Weeks, 5 days - 16 days till our due date!
Baby is the size of: A bunch of swiss chard (?) or a winter melon. Weighs around 6.5 pounds (could be more or less). Boys on average weigh more than girls. 
What's new with baby: Considered full term which means all his organs are fully developed and he's ready for the outside world. From now till our due date, his focus will be on gaining weight. He is okay to be born at any time now and would not be considered premature. Yay! 
Maternity clothes? Yup! 
Sleep: Sleeping ok but not great. Toss and turn and wake up a bunch for potty breaks.  And I'm super hot! Doc says the light sleeping is your body's way of training for when the baby gets here. She also said that when I'm awake in the middle of the night to hit the hubby and say, "baby's crying" so he can get ready too. Hahahaha!
Sleeping on: Side. 
Best moment this week: 1) Celebrated the holidays with some friends 2) Jeff's work through us a shower. It took me almost 2.5 hours to get there, but it was worth it. Thank you LRMD! 
Miss Anything? Wine (and I mean not just a sip. I want a real (big) glass)
Movement: Yes. He's cramed in there. 
Food cravings: No.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  No.
Have you started to show yet: Yes.
Gender: Boy!
Name selected?: Kamden
Working out? No. 
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks.
Belly Button in or out? In. Just waiting - It is going to pop any day now.
Wedding rings on or off? On. Opting to take off my engagement ring (it is a half size smaller than my wedding band) before it gets stuck in my finger. 
Overall health: Feeling good! My back hurts, I'm out of breath and I'm slowing down but overall, I really do feel good. Starting to near the point of max uncomfort but not fully there yet. Baby's heartbeat is good. My blood pressure is good. Weight is good. I have low platelets so I've been tested almost weekly to check my levels. Basically, if my platelets remain low, I won't be able to have an epidural. So we shall see about that. Overall, we are healthy and doing good! 
Feeling (happy, moody, emotional, scared): So excited! Anxious! Also so scared and nervous of the unknown and life changes ahead. But generally sooooo excited! 
Looking forward to: Meeting our son! 
Next appointment: Tuesday, Dec. 24

Here are some pictures from the week: 

Thank you Lanigan Ryan for showering us with love!! And the blue teeth :) 





So happy to be going through this with two of my best friends - who are also having boys in 2014. 
Yes, this dress makes me look huge and Kamden has grown a lot! The silhouette pictures above were taken the day after this picture, for reference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment