Thursday, December 5, 2013

35 Weeks


How far along? 35 Weeks, 6 days - 29 days till our due date!
Baby is the size of: A coconut. Weighs around 5 to 5.5 pounds (could be more or less). Baby won't get too much longer (around 18 inches now) but will gain about a half a pound a week.
What's new with baby: At this point all of his major organs should be nearly complete. The majority of his effort going forward is geared towards rapid weight gain. He's also practicing breathing movements (aka hiccups).
Maternity clothes? Yup! Been in lots of lounge wear over the last few weeks (leggings, Jeff's t-shirts, PJs, jeans, etc).

Sleep: Sleeping okay. 
Sleeping on: Side.
Best moment this week: 1) Having my mom in town. She cooked us lots of yummy food (including some freezer meals for after Kamden arrives), helped with the dogs, ran errands for me, put up our Christmas tree and much more since i have been on bed rest. (Thank you Mom!!) 2) Had a movie date with my hubby to see Hunger Games. Yay! 3) Got our Christmas decorations up and finished Kamden's room (will post pictures soon). 
Miss Anything? No.
Movement: Yes.
Food cravings: No.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  No.
Have you started to show yet: Yes.
Gender: Boy!
Name selected?: Kamden
Working out? No.
Labor Signs: Yes.
Belly Button in or out? In. But it feels like it might pop out soon.
Wedding rings on or off? On. Getting a little tighter.
Overall health: Feeling alright. We were unfortunately in a car accident coming home from my in-laws on Thanksgiving. We were rear-ended, but thankfully we were all okay. However, since then my back has been really bothering me.  I am just so thankful none of us were hurt and that the dogs were not in the car (because they would have been in the back where we got hit). Our car is now going to take 4 weeks to get fixed which is a bummer since we got it to be our family car and of course we are just about to welcome our family. But I keep reminding myself that things are things. We are all safe and healthy - and my puppies were safely sleeping at home and that is everything.  (Yes, I am pregnant and emotional!)
I had a doctors appointment yesterday and got a good status report.
Feeling (happy, moody, emotional, scared): Happy, nervous, emotional, excited, overwhelmed
Looking forward to: Christmas celebrations over the next few weeks - and honestly, I cannot wait to meet our little man!!! I'm secretly hoping he arrives before Christmas. :)
Next appointment: Tuesday, Dec. 10

No comments:

Post a Comment