Tuesday, August 6, 2013

18 Weeks



How far along? 18 Weeks, 4 days
Baby is the size of: A bell pepper. About 5.5+ inches long. 

What's new with baby: Bones are hardening and pads on fingers and feet are forming. Baby hiccups, yawns, and moves inside womb. Ears are in their final position.
Maternity clothes? Sweet summertime has enabled to still wear my usual dresses. I took advantage of the tax free weekend and bought two pairs of maternity jeans, and also two pairs of flats which I'll break in soon. 
Sleep: Sleeping like a rock this week.
Sleeping on: A mix of side and back. I asked the doctor about the whole sleeping on the left side only thing and no back, and he said, "sleep however you are comfortable."
Best moment this week: My parents were in town from Georgia so we got to see them two back-to-back weeks. Last week I was in a bikini and they got to see the difference in my tummy from last week to this week. We also got together with Jeff parents and everyone is so excited to find out if it is a boy or a girl this week.

Miss Anything? Not really this week. I'm feeling content.
Movement: I'm not sure. I keep reading that this is the week that you start to feel it, but I only think I notice something if I'm really still in bed. Who knows?!?
Food cravings: Nothing major this week. I thought about donuts a few times. I swear, I haven't had donuts in years until a few weeks ago when I discovered how awesome Wegman's donuts were...now I'm shamelessly hooked.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  The thought of Chipotle -ahhh!
Have you started to show yet: Yes. I think this week has been a big week where I now officially look pregnant enough that people are asking me or commenting on my stomach. Last Tuesday, I had really tight cramps on my sides, which I know realize were growing pains. Take a look at the bump in these two pics on the right!

Gender prediction: I personally think it is a boy. I'll be over the moon either way. What do you think? Take the poll on the upper right.
Name selected?: Yes! We have a girl name, and a boy name. Jeff did mention that he MAY want to revisit the boy name if it is a boy. We shall see on FRIDAY!!!!
Working out? Not really this week. My walking partner (Heidi) was down for the count this week so I've been letting her recover, my trainer cancelled on me and my parents were in town. All the excuses led to no workouts. Time to get moving!
Labor Signs: No.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Health: Great! I'm very blessed.
Feeling (happy, moody, emotional, scared): Happy, moody and emotional
Looking forward to: Finding out if it is a BOY or a GIRL this WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next appointment: August 9!!!! Friday!!!!

2 comments:

  1. you look great!!!! what a change in your belly since I saw in GA can't wait for Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great! Cannot wait to hear if Hunter man Will have a guy friend to play with or a new girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete