Tuesday, July 30, 2013

17 Weeks



How far along? 17 Weeks, 4 days
Baby is the size of: An Onion. About 5 inches long.
 

What's new with baby: Packing on the fat! This week the baby is starting to gain some fat and is growing stronger. The baby has begun hearing sounds like my heartbeat and my voice as it resonates throughout the body. Outside the womb, it hears loud noises like a dog barking and may be startled.
Maternity clothes? Mostly wearing my normal dresses. Trying to hold off till fall/winter maternity clothes are out. I don't want to stock up on too much if not necessary.
Sleep: Sleeping alright.Certainly not as sound of a sleeper as I used to be. I have a feeling a may never be again, but I'm not complaining. :) Looking forward to everything.
Sleeping on: A mix of side and back. I asked the doctor about the whole sleeping on the left side only thing, and he said, "sleep however you are comfortable."
Best moment this week: 1) We went to Atlanta (see previous post) 2) We got some awesome surprises and gifts. Look at these Mason onsies from Kristi and Billy Kennard (thank you!). Thank you Blackwells for the sweet surprise of magazines. And thank you to Mom/Dad, Grandma and Aunt Bernie for the sweet baby gifts. 

Miss Anything? Not really this week. I feel pretty content.
Movement: Not yet. Anxiously waiting.
Food cravings: Nothing major this week. Always love my sweets. And, I guess mama's home cooking since I was home.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Marinara sauce and smokey/grilled food
Have you started to show yet: Yes.
Gender prediction: I personally think it is a boy. What do you think? Take the poll on the upper right.
Name selected?: Yes! We have a girl name, and a boy name. Jeff did mention that he MAY want to revisit the boy name if it is a boy. We shall see...
Working out? Eh, not too much this week since we took a mini "vacay" to Atlanta.
Labor Signs: No.
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Health: Great! I'm very blessed.
Feeling (happy, moody, emotional, scared): Happy.
Looking forward to: Finding out if it is a BOY or a GIRL on Aug. 9!!!!
Next appointment: August 9

No comments:

Post a Comment