Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Two lines

Hint #1: Heightened sense of smell. This is no joke. It came on immediately. Poor Jeff suffered the brunt of it with my random outbreaks of, "you smell!" when the poor guy didn't but something in the other room did. 
Hint #2: Sore boobs. Ouch! I couldn't even hug Jeff without being in pain.
Hint #3: Dizziness. I had random spells on my head spinning and loosing my step while walking. 
Hint #4: Extreme bloating. I felt like a gained 10 pounds overnight. 

All these before a missed period lead me to suspicion. So I bought some pregnancy tests and took one all by myself. That one test showed a faint blue line and one pretty solid line. Hmmm, I'm not sure. Let me take another just to be on the safe side - and while I am at it, let me take all of them. 




Okay, I think that means I'm pregnant! O-M-G! So exciting and so scary at the same time!! I couldn't wait to tell Jeff...




By the look on his face, you can tell, Jeff was super surprised but so happy. When the video cuts off we hugged and talked, and had some sparkling cider in our wedding flutes. So exciting!!

Here are a few things that have happened since that life-changing day...

We told both sets of parents on Mother's Day. Such a special day! 
My parents immediately came to visit. 


We had our first doctor's appointment, where we got to hear the baby's heartbeat, and see the baby. (8 weeks)

We told close family and friends the news.

We turned another year older - yes, on the same day. 
We had our next doctor's appointment (12 weeks, 4 days).





We had a few puppy photo sessions.



And lastly and I hate doing this, but here is a "before" shot, that I took around 5 or 6 weeks. 

That's it for now. We are so excited! Can't wait to share this journey with you.

xoxo,
Kim

4 comments:

  1. So excited for the two of you! You are going to be GREAT parents and I think that Heidi will handle everything just fine! Great video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!! I love that you recorded Jeff's reaction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kim for the updates; loved the video clip! I'm praying for an 'easy' pregnancy and delivery (if there is such a thing). Also praying for the little one that God has created; he/she will turn your entire world upside down! God already knows everything there is to know about the little child growing inside of you! I look forward to future updates. Hope you have a great July 4th holiday! Love you guys....Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kim,
    Dad and I are so very excited we are going to grandparents. Having a baby is such a wonderful, amazing, magical time for both you and Jeff. You are going to be AWESOME parents! It's hard to believe how quickly the years have passed since you were born. It seems like yesterday, I was holding my sweet baby girl in my arms and now my baby girl is going to be a MOMMY. Although, we are miles apart, know that you are always in our thoughts and close to our hearts.
    We can't wait to meet your precious little miracle. We love you TWO.......soon three! HUGS! Mom & Dad
    P.S. Love the blog and we're guessing "It's a GIRL"!

    ReplyDelete